Two of the American hikers jailed in Iran for more than a year on espionage charges, Shane Bauer and Sarah Shourd, were married yesterday in a private San Francisco ceremony. (The pair, along with fellow Berkeley graduate and best man Josh Fattal always maintained that they were simply hiking and lost track of the border.) It is unclear whether or not Shourd still wore the engagement ring Bauer had made for her out of threads from his shirt while the two were in prison, but that would have been nice. Also unknown: whether or not President Ahmadinejad and Ayatollah Khamenei sent a gift from the registry or picked something out themselves.
Photo: MOHAMMED MAHJOUB/2011 AFP
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper