A 51-year-old New Jersey roofer answered with a resounding yes when he leapt into a 5-foot-deep vat of nitric acid yesterday. The very brave Rob Nuckols went in after his fellow worker Martin Davis after the man fell 30 to 40 feet through a collapsed roof into the extremely dangerous liquid. With the help of three other coworkers, they were able to remove Davis and get him airlifted to the hospital, where he's in critical condition, but is expected to survive. "I had to get him out of there," Nuckols told firefighters, who praised his "courage." Here at Intel, we like each other a lot, but are not cut out for the hot sun or manual labor, let alone sizzling chemicals and physical heroics.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?