Most people in Rochester, including local authorities, had no idea that Kodak kept 3.5 pounds of highly enriched uranium in an underground bunker for research until quietly getting rid of the potentially dangerous material in 2007. The device was about the size of a refrigerator and "looked vaguely like Robby the Robot from a 1950s science fiction movie." Cute?
Photo: Guy Solimano/Getty Images
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?