"Maybe the appeal is that he’s like everybody else," knuckleballer R.A. Dickey said of Mr. Met's coronation, which is based on the Celebrity DBI index. "He walks around just like they do.” Only Mr. Met has a giant baseball for a head. If nothing else, this recognition should mark the Mets' transition from inept and financially precarious losers to just lovable losers, a status that definitely sells more tickets.
Photo: Justin Sullivan/2007 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!