The State Transportation Department will immediately begin building new concrete barriers along the Bronx River Parkway at the site of the horrific crash this past weekend. Seven family members were killed in the accident when their vehicle flew over a guardrail and plunged 60 feet into a remote portion of the Bronx Zoo. The new barriers will supplement the existing guardrails on three viaducts and will be installed in such a way that a vehicle would hit them before reaching the curb. The Honda Pilot involved in the fatal accident hit the Parkway median, flew across all lanes of traffic and hit a curb before going over the rail.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!