Although the newsroom was spared this time, 50 positions have been eliminated on the corporate side of the New York Times Company, Romenesko reports, including assistant general counsel George Freeman, a 31-year veteran and the author of this kick-ass letter to the NYPD about police abuse of journalists during Occupy Wall Street protests.
Photo: Ramin Talaie
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!