Today on Hardball, Newt Gingrich, noted animal lover, and Chris Matthews, apparently also an animal lover, discussed their favorite zoos and snakes. And it was hilarious. "I think you're the only presidential candidate basically ever to go zoo to zoo," Matthews said. "I love the natural world," Gingrich responded. "Do you like the reptile house?" Matthews wondered. Indeed, Gingrich does, saying he admires how "astonishingly successful" the scaly creatures are. And Gingrich's favorite snake is a python because they are "big and passive" — just like Newt, right? See more in our clip!
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring