Hundreds of thousands of New York City public school parents are scratching their heads at a city decision to give students the last Monday and Tuesday of June off — to make up for the lack of any snow days this year — but force them to come back for just three hours on the last day of classes on Wednesday. An Upper West Side mother, understandably perplexed, called the decision "ridiculous," especially for families wanting to start their summer plans early. Perhaps it's time to give up the dream of a perfect attendance record.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!