Although presumably both are interested in protecting New York City, the NYPD and FBI just can't stop bickering. The latest little dust-up concerns the disrupted Yemeni underwear-bomb plot, a plan Police Commissioner Ray Kelly was pissed he wasn't told about. "That's the type of information, quite frankly, that we need, deserve," Kelly said last week, illustrating the constant push and pull between the agencies when it comes to intelligence (frequently punctuated by passive-aggression). "Just a suggestion for the continued good operation, give him a call on this," peacemaker Chuck Schumer told FBI Chief Robert Mueller at a Senate panel yesterday. "He didn't ask me to ask you to, I am. Do that. Thanks." Mueller, playing right into the rocky-marriage vibe, said, "As I told Ray, he's always welcome to call," leaving Schumer to sigh, "Let's not get into who calls whom. I am asking you to call." Do it for the kids!
Photo: Andrew H. Walker/2011 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 6. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron