Police have reportedly arrested a man in connection with the murder of 14-year-old Marleny Cruz, who was found dead in a Bronx gutter in February of 1998 after the predator sexually assaulted and strangled her. Using DNA evidence in September 2011, a Bronx Homicide Task Force detective identified the suspect as 40-year-old James Martin, who was locked up in Pennsylvania for the murder of his wife in 2005. NBC New York reports that Martin was extradited to New York on Wednesday where he faces charges of second-degree murder, first-degree rape, and criminal sex act.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck