Police have reportedly arrested a man in connection with the murder of 14-year-old Marleny Cruz, who was found dead in a Bronx gutter in February of 1998 after the predator sexually assaulted and strangled her. Using DNA evidence in September 2011, a Bronx Homicide Task Force detective identified the suspect as 40-year-old James Martin, who was locked up in Pennsylvania for the murder of his wife in 2005. NBC New York reports that Martin was extradited to New York on Wednesday where he faces charges of second-degree murder, first-degree rape, and criminal sex act.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 9. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe