NYU journalism grad Sarah Tressler was fired from her job as a society reporter at the Houston Chronicle after a rival publication outed her side gig and not-very-hidden blog, Diary of an Angry Stripper. Yesterday came the logical next step as Tressler and old pro Gloria Allred hosted a press conference for the lawsuit against her former employer. "I was very upset that I was fired because I had been told by many editors I was doing a good job," Tressler said. "There was no question on the form that covered my dancing and I answered the questions on the form honestly." Either way, a book and an Angry Stripper mobile app are slated, so who needs journalism?
Photo: Andreas Branch/PatrickMcMullan.com
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring