Before you pry the last bits of today's feast off the grill, you'll want to hear what Senator Chuck Schumer has to say about barbecue accoutrement. He sent out a press release today with the headline, “SCHUMER: CLEANING YOUR BARBECUE GRILL WITH A METAL BRUSH THIS SUMMER COULD HAVE SERIOUS HEALTH CONSEQUENCES; CALLS FOR SAFETY REVIEW TO DETERMINE WHETHER METAL BRISTLE GRILL BRUSHES ARE SAFE FOR CONSUMER USE.” In response to recent incidents involving bristles breaking off and getting stuck in people's throats, Schumer is urging "the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the FDA to launch a safety review of these products and warn consumers about their potential dangers." It's good to know that Schumer is focused on preventing grill-related injuries, but we still feel bad for all those Memorial Day barbecuers who had a burger slapped out of their hand by the Senator today.
Photo: Win McNamee/Getty Images2012 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 3. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 6. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 7. Chelsea Clinton Is the James Franco of Presidential Kids
- 8. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 9. Cannes Day Six: Selita Ebanks, Zoe Saldana, and Alec Baldwin’s Pregnant Wife