Scott Thompson resigned over the weekend as CEO of Yahoo after less than five months, citing "personal reasons," which everyone took to mean the résumé scandal that wrongly attributed him an extra college degree in computer science. But The Wall Street Journal reports that Thompson was also diagnosed with thyroid cancer "in recent days," influencing his decision to quit, according to some anonymous sources. Tough week.
Photo: Yodel Anecdotal/Yahoo! Inc.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]