Although she's been on WNBC/Channel 4 for more than 30 years, local anchorwoman Sue Simmons will always be best remembered for her angry on-air F-bomb, which has been viewed on YouTube nearly 3 million times. Last night, a live microphone caught another classic slip from Simmons, whose contract with the network will not be renewed next month. "Well, it took a bad hop. It hit me in my breast," she matter-of-factly told her longtime co-host Chuck Scarborough, presumably on the subject of softball or something similar. "Are we on?" he responded. Thankfully yes, although not for much longer. The Internet, though, will cherish the clips forevermore.
Photo: Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring