Newsweek magazine today released its list of the best public high schools in the nation, and our fair city barely placed. Only Hunter College High School (no. 44) and Bronx High School of Science (no. 50) made it into the top 50. In comparison, Dallas had two schools in the top ten, while Chicago, Miami, Houston, Raleigh, and Oklahoma City all had schools that ranked higher than Hunter College. Looking at the top 150, the three next best city schools were Stuyvesant (no. 66), Queens High School for the Sciences at York College (no. 84), and Brooklyn Technical (no. 145).
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 8. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?
- 9. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode