In the latest online chapter of the Trayvon Martin story, his mother Sybrina Fulton is speaking out in a new video against Florida's Stand Your Ground law and similar gun legislation nationwide. "This will be my first Mother's Day without my son Trayvon," she says in the clip, which was released by the Russell Simmons–owned website Global Grind. "Just like me, 30,000 mothers lost their children this year to senseless gun violence. Nobody can bring our children back. But it would bring us comfort if we can help spare other mothers the pain that we will feel on Mother's Day and every day for the rest of our lives. I'm asking you to join Florida by calling upon the governor of your state to reexamine similar Stand Your Ground laws throughout the nation to keep our families safe." Michael Bloomberg, for one, is on board.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck