In the latest online chapter of the Trayvon Martin story, his mother Sybrina Fulton is speaking out in a new video against Florida's Stand Your Ground law and similar gun legislation nationwide. "This will be my first Mother's Day without my son Trayvon," she says in the clip, which was released by the Russell Simmons–owned website Global Grind. "Just like me, 30,000 mothers lost their children this year to senseless gun violence. Nobody can bring our children back. But it would bring us comfort if we can help spare other mothers the pain that we will feel on Mother's Day and every day for the rest of our lives. I'm asking you to join Florida by calling upon the governor of your state to reexamine similar Stand Your Ground laws throughout the nation to keep our families safe." Michael Bloomberg, for one, is on board.
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 8. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle