The old white man fascination with ink on paper persists as Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway announces its plan to acquire 63 newspapers from Media General for $142 million. The paper boy-cum-billionaire also purchased an Omaha-based newspaper chain last year, despite telling investors in 2009 that the business was a "terrible" one with "the possibility of unending losses" and "[nothing] on the horizon that causes that erosion to end." Oh well, who cares! Nostalgia: priceless.
Photo: Mario Tama/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 8. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]