Well, it's been a good run. The people of Earth developed agriculture, composed symphonies, traveled into space, and invented a high-tech porn-distribution device that could also be used to watch cat videos, but now it's all over. The zombie apocalypse — the one we've all feared for the past couple of years or so, whenever Walking Dead premiered — has finally begun.
It's subtle. If you look out your window right now, you won't see a herd of decomposed, blood-soaked zombies lumbering down the middle of the street. Not yet. But the evidence is there, if you're willing to piece it all together.
A naked and growling Rudy Eugene was shot dead by police whilst eating a man's face over the weekend.
A 43-year-old Hackensack man "stabbed himself repeatedly in front of police" on Sunday night, then "threw his skin and intestines at them."
The Resurrection of the Dead
In March, a 95-year-old Chinese woman who had been presumed dead for six days rose up out of her coffin which, according to Chinese tradition, was open and on display in her home and made herself some coffee.
A zombie straight-up walked into a New York art gallery earlier this month.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 3. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 4. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 5. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 6. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron
- 9. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob