Sheherazad Jaafari, the former Bashar Assad aide for whom Barbara Walters wrote a series of ethically fraught e-mails of recommendation, did, in fact, get into Columbia's SIPA program, the Post reports. Whether it was because of Babs or not, we'll never know, but those grad-student mixers where everyone's making small talk about how brutal some of those Middle Eastern dictators are will be awkwardddd.
Photo: Jamie McCarthy/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper