Comedian and lifetime Mets fan Bill Maher announced on Sunday that he bought a minority share in the New York Mets when twelve stakes or "limited partnerships" went up for sale this past winter. "First of all, I think it's a great investment," Maher said. "I think my role is going to be bringing luck to the team — they didn't have a no-hitter for 50 years, I buy in and I come to town and there's a no-hitter. Draw your own conclusions." Maher's next order of business: Sharing an apartment with struggling, young first baseman Ike Davis, batting .167 as of Sunday.
Photo: Michael Schwartz/2011 Michael Schwartz
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?