Bronx building owner Goldfarb Properties and the construction workers it hired to do renovations have teamed up to ruin about 200 people's week: Residents are all being forced to evacuate their apartments by tonight because the fire escapes were removed. "Not the call you want, especially when you have a disabled mom and an 11-month-old baby," said one tenant. "We don't know where we're going. We don't know when we can come back." Goldfarb won't dare ask for June rent and will give its residents $840 a week for lodging, which won't quite cover the Ramada, but is enough for a room at the borough's Howard "Stay at your own risk" Johnson.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 6. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 7. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck
- 8. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails
- 9. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update