There's a steep discount for carpoolers crossing the George Washington Bridge, but what if you have no one to ride with? Simple: Pick up a stranger along the side of the road. Unfortunately, police have caught on to drivers who acquire temporary seat-fillers at bus stops before getting on the bridge, and they're cracking down on this totally legal practice. Police insist they're just worried about the safety of these stingy drivers, and this has absolutely nothing to do with the Port Authority losing roughly $7 million a year thanks to various innovations in toll cheating.
Photo: STAN HONDA/2010 AFP
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 6. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. 178 Minutes With Miranda Kerr
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...