On Tuesday, Democrat Ron Barber won a special election in Arizona to finish out the last six months of Representative Gabrielle Giffords's term. Giffords has been campaigning in the last week for her former aide, who was also injured in the 2011 Tucson shooting. Barber's opponent, 30-year-old Marine veteran Jesse Kelly, doesn't even have time to grow a proper Al Gore beard of defeat. Both men are expected to run for a full term in the fall, and primaries will be held in August.
Photo: Jonathan Gibby/2012 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!