Seventy-nine-year old comedian and walking cosmetic surgery menu Joan Rivers moonlights as the president of her East 62nd Street building's board, and has for about nine years, the New York Times informs us today. "There's no humor when I'm there," Rivers insists, going by her married name of Mrs. Rosenberg for official business, a.k.a. the "scary lady upstairs." Despite trying to sell her apartment for three years, no one has challenged Rivers for the top spot, both because she's sort of terrifying and she has the accomplishments to support her long rule: Not only did she spruce up the lobby, but she hired a "Jewish voodoo preistess" to rid the building of ghosts. Of course, to channel Joan for a second, she could be considered both of those things herself.
Photo: Jason Kempin/Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!