Charming 18-year-old Isaih Rosemond might not have the coolest hobby in the world, but he looks so happy up there on his unicycle. A Brooklyn cop was apparently unamused when she gave Rosemond a summons for riding on the sidewalk, despite a precedent that says a single wheel is different. Rosemond says he tried to tell the NYPD officer about circus performer Kyle Peterson, who successfully fought sidewalk unicycle oppression, but she wouldn't listen, and now he'll have to fight it in court. "I'm confident I'll win," Rosemond told the Post, because the rule against sidewalk rides reads, "A bicycle is defined as [a] two- or three-wheeled device." Let's not lose sight of the real enemy in this "crisis": tricycles.
Photo: Nagy-Bagoly Arpad/iStockphoto
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film