After breaking in at around 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, a trio of thieves took off with "at least hundreds of thousands" of dollars in fancy department store jewelry. The heist was caught on camera, and it was a pretty artless — though apparently effective — one: The footage shows one man acting as a lookout while another breaks a hole in the glass door with a hammer and climbs in to break holes in some glass display cases in the same manner. (A third guy waited outside in a get away car.) Store officials are reportedly "red-faced," but designer Paul Morelli, whose jewelery constituted much of the haul, is taking it in stride. As a company representative told the New York Post, "That thief obviously has good taste." Nothing like free, insurance-backed publicity.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!