On Tuesday a sudden gust of wind knocked a 1-year-old boy's stroller onto the tracks at Brooklyn's Van Siclen Avenue station. Without hesitation, a man jumped off the platform and pulled the boy from the path of an oncoming J train with only moments to spare. The baby has a serious head wound but is expected to recover. The good Samaritan's identity is unknown, but we like to think he lurks in subway stations watching over clumsy straphangers like ourselves.
Photo: Joe Raedle/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?