Michael Pena was found guilty of sexually assaulting a young schoolteacher at gunpoint earlier this year and fired from the NYPD, but the jury failed to reach a verdict on two counts of first-degree rape. He was sentenced to 75 years in prison anyway, and rather than be retried on the remaining charges, Pena will plead guilty to rape today. The deal is unlikely to add much more jail time, the Post reports, but at least his victim won't be forced to go through another trial.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 9. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe