Remember those stowaways that were supposedly trapped in a shipping container yesterday? Well, they ... didn't exist. Or they magically vanished into thin air. The search was called off last night after 163 containers had been checked for people and none were found, despite six hours of tapping noises which "became weaker and weaker" over time until they disappeared entirely, according to a Coast Guard spokesman. Neither the Coast Guard nor anybody else has offered an explanation for the sounds, but we're going to go with pirate ghosts.
Photo: Julio Cortez
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death