Remember those stowaways that were supposedly trapped in a shipping container yesterday? Well, they ... didn't exist. Or they magically vanished into thin air. The search was called off last night after 163 containers had been checked for people and none were found, despite six hours of tapping noises which "became weaker and weaker" over time until they disappeared entirely, according to a Coast Guard spokesman. Neither the Coast Guard nor anybody else has offered an explanation for the sounds, but we're going to go with pirate ghosts.
Photo: Julio Cortez
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?