Specifically, African-Americans: More than half of black New Yorkers had no job this year, and they spend longer than other races out of work, according to troubling new data from the Labor Department. That's not the case elsewhere in the country: Nationally, a million more African-Americans were employed this May than were last May.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 7. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 8. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]