Speaking last night about his dozen-or-so times interviewing Barack Obama, 60 Minutes reporter Steve Kroft said he and the president have a special bond. "We have this thing where, we're both, uh, former smokers trying very hard," Kroft explained, as reported by Capital New York. "Um, every time I see him now he gives me a couple of pieces of Nicorette gum, which is fine. If he's out, then I will give some to him. That's sort of the running joke." Asked to betray his addiction buddy, Kroft wouldn't say directly whether the president still sneaks a smoke, but deferred to Reggie Love, who once told Kroft, "Boy you should have been around here yesterday. It was awfully smokey." Still not cool, Steve. Don't be surprised if that next interview request comes back denied.
Photo: Pete Souza/White House
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]