After fleeing the state of Oregon rather than complete court-ordered drug treatment, robber James Tindell continued to post Facebook status updates like "I'm in Alabama" and "Fresh out of another state, catch me if you can," and at one point uploaded a sonogram of his unborn child with the name of an Alabama hospital clearly legible. Unfortunately for Tindell, his probation officer turned out to be a social media user like everyone else, and soon had a nationwide warrant issued for his arrest. So, upon being stopped for speeding in Daphne, Alabama, last month, Tindell was quickly flown back to Oregon, where he was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison and forced to pay back the cost of his $2,600 cross-country flight. Privacy settings, people.
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 6. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability