"Well, you know, my first choice had always been my father," Kentucky Senator and tea party favorite Rand Paul said of his father Ron Thursday night on Hannity. "He is still my first pick. But now that the nominating process is over, tonight, I am happy to announce I am supporting Governor Romney." Rand's second pick welcomed the endorsement with a very tea party message. “Senator Paul has been a leading voice in the effort to scale back the size and reach of government and promote liberty,” Romney said, adding that he was honored. Father's Day could get awkward.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 9. In Praise of Katy Perry’s Masterful Vogue Takedown of Ex-Husband Russell Brand