"Well, you know, my first choice had always been my father," Kentucky Senator and tea party favorite Rand Paul said of his father Ron Thursday night on Hannity. "He is still my first pick. But now that the nominating process is over, tonight, I am happy to announce I am supporting Governor Romney." Rand's second pick welcomed the endorsement with a very tea party message. “Senator Paul has been a leading voice in the effort to scale back the size and reach of government and promote liberty,” Romney said, adding that he was honored. Father's Day could get awkward.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!