Last night, a pool party at the University Heights complex in Auburn, Alabama, turned ugly after two unidentified men walked in, picked a fight with two attendees over a woman, and — after punches were thrown and bottles smashed over heads — began shooting. Local TV station WTVM reports at least three people were killed and two more were seriously wounded, though NBC news station WSFA reports that just one person has been confirmed dead. Meanwhile, local newspaper hub AL.com says the two fatalities it can confirm are former Auburn University football players — the apartment complex includes some student housing — and that one current player is recovering from a gunshot wound.
Photo: Ronald Martinez/2011 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring