Raelians, the UFO cult that tried to convince the media they cloned a human in 2002, spent the weekend attempting to cleanse the swastika of Hitler's sins. Beachgoers in New York and New Jersey, including Times reporter Corey Kilgannon, caught a glimpse of a plane with a ProSwastika.org banner — including the Nazi mark inside a Jewish star — meant to convince the world of the symbol's origins in peace and love. "WTF" tweeted multiple aghast witnesses to the third annual World Swastika Rehabilitation Day shenanigans. Convincing the world of the alien stuff might be easier.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime