In the wake of an incident yesterday in which a Turkish warplane was shot down by Syrian forces who claimed it had crossed into Syrian airspace, Syrian president Bashar al-Assad has formed a new government — one that includes his old defense minister, who was rumored to have been assassinated. (The Turkish government, for its part, says the aircraft was just a recon plane, and is considering the proper action to take.) Meanwhile, shelling of a city near the Iraqi border by the Syrian Army has left at least 28 dead, opposition activists tell Reuters.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!