The Romney campaign picked an odd time to have Ann Romney open up about her struggle with multiple sclerosis. In a half-hour interview with The Wall Street Journal, the candidate's wife describes frightening symptoms, including numbness, fatigue, and loss of coordination. "It's left me with a heart that's more open and compassionate for all the others who are suffering," says Romney. The paper notes, "Her husband's campaign then declined requests to answer further questions, including whether her experience has affected her views on health-care policy." The question would have come up whenever Romney chose to talk about her illness, but waiting until four days after the Obamacare decision certainly didn't make it any less awkward.
Photo: Joe Raedle/2012 Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film