The Romney campaign picked an odd time to have Ann Romney open up about her struggle with multiple sclerosis. In a half-hour interview with The Wall Street Journal, the candidate's wife describes frightening symptoms, including numbness, fatigue, and loss of coordination. "It's left me with a heart that's more open and compassionate for all the others who are suffering," says Romney. The paper notes, "Her husband's campaign then declined requests to answer further questions, including whether her experience has affected her views on health-care policy." The question would have come up whenever Romney chose to talk about her illness, but waiting until four days after the Obamacare decision certainly didn't make it any less awkward.
Photo: Joe Raedle/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 2. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 3. Sons of Anarchy's Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What's Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 5. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?
- 6. Snowy Owls Spared Violent Deaths, Because Look at Them
- 7. 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreadlocks Actually Look Like
- 8. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-Six Finale
- 9. The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle