Tourism in the Catskills has been dwindling for decades and now the region is hoping to turn around its sagging economy by changing its image. The New York Times reports that the goal is to make people picture "trout fishing, artisanal cheese and Zen retreats, rather than Simon Says, rimshot comedians and Dirty Dancing." Good thinking. You wouldn't want ladies to get the idea that their vacation might include being taught the ways of love by a sensitive yet surprisingly masculine dancer.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck