At least, a CNN spokesperson claims the network didn't mean to offer the intro song as commentary on Sarah Palin's intellect prior to a short segment on CNN Sunday Morning regarding Palin's support for fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, which is mired in its own public relations crisis right now. The song in question — Pink's "Stupid Girls" — was the first single off her 2006 album I'm Not Dead. "The music selection was a poor choice and was not intended to be linked to any news story," a CNN spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter, adding, "We regret any perception that they were planned together." So it wasn't selected for a particular story, someone at CNN just thinks "Stupid Girls" is a great song to listen to while you're watching the news.
Photo: Bill Pugliano/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper