During an interview with ABC, the former vice-president offered up some commonsense wisdom on the running-mate selection process: "The test to get on that small list has to be, 'Is this person capable of being president of the United States?'" And, when asked, he admitted that John McCain failed to apply that test back in 2008, when he asked Sarah Palin to join his campaign. "That one I don't think was well handled," Cheney said. He added that while he "liked" Palin, he felt McCain's pick was "a mistake."
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died