A concerned citizen called 311 this morning to report a shoddily installed air conditioner — a real problem these days, apparently — in downtown Manhattan, and within five minutes, the fire department was on the scene. In an almost slow-motion rescue, two men in full uniform took a crane up and pushed the would-be Wile E. Coyote anvil inside as a passerby strolled below, unaware of the danger dangling above him. It's the new kitten-in-a-tree, but with more potential for pain. Just another day on the job for New York's bravest.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]