For network execs and Matt Lauer superfans alike, all that's at stake in the morning-show ratings battle right now is "bragging rights," the Times explains, but Today is still holding onto its longtime edge. ABC's Good Morning America has won two weeks straight in total viewers, and looked poised to overtake its NBC rival in the advertiser-favorite 25-54 demographic (thereby ruining Savannah Guthrie's welcome), but the new girl just barely prevailed, keeping the Ann Curry Curse from officially becoming a thing for now.
Photo: Fernando Leon/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 5. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 6. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 7. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 8. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 9. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet