Queens fifth-grader Kameron Slade was initially barred from giving a speech in support of same-sex marriage at school until his progressive dedication to equality (and cuteness) lit up the Internet. The school board eventually stepped in to override Kameron's principal and he was allowed to make his case. Yesterday, he gave an encore performance in front of the City Council, and he nailed it again. "I think adults must realize that as children get older, they become aware of these mature issues that are going on in the world," the 10-year-old explained. "If children read or watch the news, they can also learn about things like same-gender marriage, so what’s the point in trying to hide it?" Metaphorical mike drop.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]