Maine Governor Paul LePage apologized on Monday for saying during his weekend radio address, "You must buy health insurance or pay the new Gestapo — the IRS." Many were outraged by the comment, but LePage said he didn't mean to insult anyone, "especially the Jewish Community, or minimize the fact that millions of people were murdered." He also clarified that under Obamacare Americans will have to "buy health insurance or else pay a tax," but IRS agents won't be committing any unspeakable atrocities. This wasn't what we had in mind when we suggested people should stop comparing Obamacare to 9/11.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]