City Hall press secretary Stu Loeser will leave Michael Bloomberg without his "attack dog and guardian of his image" for the remainder of term three, the New York Times reports, when he departs the job next month. Despite his self-described "professionally debilitating" last name, Loeser has held the position for more than six years, making reporters feel inadequate, clarifying the sometimes prickly quips of his boss, and steering the ship away from bad press. "I'm convinced," Bloomberg told the Times, "that Stu Loeser has kept me out of more trouble than he's gotten me out of." Loeser will try his hand at cashing in with corporate clients, while Bloomberg will hopefully go full "grumpy old man" and spend his lame-duck months channeling Chris Christie.
Photo: Susan Watts/NY Daily News Archive via Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement