The reopening of McCarren Park Pool in Williamsburg has already been sullied by rowdy backflipping (!!) teenagers attacking lifeguards and punching cops, but there's more typical public pool mayhem at play as well. The blog A Walk in the Park reports that there were four locker thefts on Monday alone, including a local mother whose snatched purse contained what she called "the jackpot" — "multiple credit cards, an $800 phone, house keys, drivers license, insurance card, $90 in cash, and a keyless card to the family's brand new Nisson." Until the security kinks get worked out, the best way to cool off in peace remains the Lean Cuisine section of your local bodega.
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?