The reopening of McCarren Park Pool in Williamsburg has already been sullied by rowdy backflipping (!!) teenagers attacking lifeguards and punching cops, but there's more typical public pool mayhem at play as well. The blog A Walk in the Park reports that there were four locker thefts on Monday alone, including a local mother whose snatched purse contained what she called "the jackpot" — "multiple credit cards, an $800 phone, house keys, drivers license, insurance card, $90 in cash, and a keyless card to the family's brand new Nisson." Until the security kinks get worked out, the best way to cool off in peace remains the Lean Cuisine section of your local bodega.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 8. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]