With Penn State's football team facing the prospect of "unprecedented" NCAA sanctions as a result of the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal, a forklift removed a statue of cover-up-abetting coach Joe Paterno from the outside the school's stadium early this morning. The 900-pound bronze sculpture — described by the university's president as a "recurring wound" — is being put in storage, where it will probably remain forever.
Photo: Rob Carr/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?