In the wake of the Aurora shootings, Rupert Murdoch — who now has even more time to devote to his micro-blogging habit — took to Twitter with this (slightly garbled) message on Saturday night: "We have to do something about gun controls. Police license okay for hunting rifle or pistol for anyone without crim or pscho record. No more." It's a somewhat surprising position for the owner of the decidedly gun-friendly Fox News, but sometimes you just can't argue with common sense. As Murdoch added in a subsequent tweet, "We don't need AK47s to defend ourselves."
Photo: Justin Sullivan/2011 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 7. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 8. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring