The Today show spent a good chunk of Monday's episode welcoming new co-host Savannah Guthrie on her official first day after taking over for the ousted Ann Curry, but the ratings-oriented swap did not immediately deliver. Preliminary numbers have the NBC morning show losing a Monday to ABC's Good Morning America in both total viewers and the coveted 25 to 54 demographic for the first time since 2006, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Somewhere, Hoda Kotb is already plotting her ascent, drink in hand.
Photo: Peter Kramer/NBC
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 3. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 4. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 5. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 6. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 7. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 8. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 9. Cannes Weekend: Jennifer Lawrence’s Grand Entrance