We await further details, but thanks to DNA Info, know this: The uptown 6 train hit the man while he was standing on the platform at the East 96th Street station at about 6:30 p.m. According to a FDNY spokesman, the man fortunately did not fall onto the tracks or get pinned between a subway car and the platform, although it's currently unclear how seriously he was injured. Perhaps the man wandered to the edge of the yellow line, or worse, attempted to long-jump the tracks. Probably not the latter, but we're puzzled by how exactly the accident occurred.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!