We await further details, but thanks to DNA Info, know this: The uptown 6 train hit the man while he was standing on the platform at the East 96th Street station at about 6:30 p.m. According to a FDNY spokesman, the man fortunately did not fall onto the tracks or get pinned between a subway car and the platform, although it's currently unclear how seriously he was injured. Perhaps the man wandered to the edge of the yellow line, or worse, attempted to long-jump the tracks. Probably not the latter, but we're puzzled by how exactly the accident occurred.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!